Sunday, February 26, 2017

Tiger 211 SS.Pz.Abt 102 Normandy 1944.

I worked on the base coat this weekend and finally completed it. I initially didn't like the RAL 8017 paint mixture I started out with and decided to re-do this part of the camo. I used a mixture of Tamiya and Vallejo paints diluted with retarder, acrylic and Lacquer thinner. I am fairly happy with how it turned out. The tri-tonal colurs used were RAL 8017, RAL 6003 and RAL 7028. I also applied a a tri-tonal filter from MIG Productions.

Friday, February 17, 2017

Tiger 211 SS. Pz. Abt 102 (AFV Club 1/35)

I have more or less completed the build now. Here are some pictures of Tiger 211 before final primer and after. I added the co-axial MG as one of the last steps. The turret is just sitting lose on the hull. I have not attached it as yet. She's just about ready for  paint.



Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Tiger 211 SS. Pz. Abt 102 (AFV Club 1/35)

Been working on the Tiger fenders and soldering on the braces. Still a few more to go but it's coming along. I am trying to improve my soldering and make the joints cleaner. So far I think they look okay.