Wednesday, August 16, 2017

1/32 Revell Spitfire MKIIa

Hi guys,

Back with an update. I completed the camo base coat on the upper fuselage. Here are some shots.

Thursday, July 20, 2017

1/32 Revell Spitfire MKIIa

Completed the Rotol Spinner and Prop for the build. No weathering has been applied as yet. Painted with Mr. Color Lacquers.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

1/32 Revell Spitfire MKIIa

Painting of the underside of the model using Marbling/black basing technique.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

1/32 Revell Spitfire MKIIa

Here are some progress pics on the cockpit now complete with the RB productions harness in place.

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Tiger I SS S. Pz.Abt. 102 Normandy/Falaise area 1944

The Tiger I is now complete. I hope you like it.  I am going to create a Vignette and add some crew figures to give this Tiger some more life!

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Tiger 211 SS.Pz.Abt 102 Normandy 1944.

I worked on the base coat this weekend and finally completed it. I initially didn't like the RAL 8017 paint mixture I started out with and decided to re-do this part of the camo. I used a mixture of Tamiya and Vallejo paints diluted with retarder, acrylic and Lacquer thinner. I am fairly happy with how it turned out. The tri-tonal colurs used were RAL 8017, RAL 6003 and RAL 7028. I also applied a a tri-tonal filter from MIG Productions.

Friday, February 17, 2017

Tiger 211 SS. Pz. Abt 102 (AFV Club 1/35)

I have more or less completed the build now. Here are some pictures of Tiger 211 before final primer and after. I added the co-axial MG as one of the last steps. The turret is just sitting lose on the hull. I have not attached it as yet. She's just about ready for  paint.



Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Tiger 211 SS. Pz. Abt 102 (AFV Club 1/35)

Been working on the Tiger fenders and soldering on the braces. Still a few more to go but it's coming along. I am trying to improve my soldering and make the joints cleaner. So far I think they look okay.

Monday, January 30, 2017

Tiger 211 SS. Pz. Abt 102 (AFV Club 1/35)

I got the turret together and added the weld seams along the edge of the turret roof. The barrel is slightly longer when compared to the drawings in the Jentz and Doyle book on the Tiger but not enough to make a noticeable difference in my opinion. Tiger 211 had the later smaller muzzle break so I used this option from the Kit. It also had the broad pattern zimmerit on the turret sides. I achieved this by using my 2 part Tamiya epoxy putty and a  brass gear that I had taken from an old mini blind. I got this idea from fellow modeler Phil Appleyard who first used it on his tiger builds.  The gear can't be mounted to a roller so I had to use my fingers instead to roll it along the putty. After rolling I patted the surface down slightly to flatten out the zimmerit but not everywhere as zimmerit was actually uneven in places. This is something you cant get with decal zimmerit or the ATAK resin stuff. They are all too perfect. For the area near the lifting lugs I used my regular Lionroar roller that I used on the hull. Tigers had the narrower, smaller pitch zimmerit in these areas. I think it worked it okay. I did forget to add zimmerit to the hinge on the rear hatch so still need to do that.

out quite well if I don't say so myself.

Sunday, January 15, 2017

1/35 Tiger I Late (AFV Club) Tiger 211 SS.Pz. Abt 102

Worked on the tow cables and cleaning rods this weekend and managed to complete this step of the build. I used the Bronco Butterly nuts is various places to complete the tow cable and cleaning rods clamps. On the left side of the tank I changed things up  a bit by putting 2 of the cleaning rods together and securing them in place. Tigers crews would often leave some sections of the cleaning rods together or a complete cleaning rod itself and just secure it to the tank rather than taking every section apart and locking them on place on the tank.