I completed the tracks, painted and mounted them to the hull. I also gave the lower hull a spray of Dunkel Gelb as part of this step.
I wanted to add some more detail to the rear hull so I added some Tiger Model armoured exhaust covers which I had in my parts inventory. I really like these resin add-ons as they have the pins sticking out the sides of the covers and have casting marks on the top of them. You won't see these marks when the exhaust shield is added but still nice. I also added an aber clasp to the rear jack arm which is not in the kit but is part of the actual vehicle.
Tuesday, October 18, 2016
I think it turned out quite well and I was able to get it pretty thin. My technique is to use a tooth pick, water and ISO Propyl alcohol.
I included a pic of the rear plate to show the look of my zimmerit.
Thursday, October 13, 2016
Sunday, October 2, 2016
Some recent CAD Shots of Meng's new P-51D Mustang. I must say they are damn nice and the detail looks excellent and accurate but we shall see with the actual styrene parts as they often tend to have softer detail than the actual CAD renderings.