In the October 13th update below you can make out the zimmerit on the bow plate and glacis of the tank. For this zimmerit I used the Tamiya stick-on zimmerit. While it doesn't look terrible it doesn't really match the zimmerit I did myself on the hull and rear using epoxy putty and my Lionroar Zimmerit tools. I think mine looks more accurate. So, I started re-doing this area by working on the bow plate first. I let it harden for 24 hours then finished off the glacis and lower front hull.
I think it turned out quite well and I was able to get it pretty thin. My technique is to use a tooth pick, water and ISO Propyl alcohol.
I included a pic of the rear plate to show the look of my zimmerit.