Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Sd.Kfz 7/1 (early) with Flakvierling

Work on the seats.

Trumpeter screwed the pooch when it came to doing the front seats of this vehicle.

Here's what they look like. Ugly as shit.

And what they are suppose to look like.

My Fixes: Copious amounts of filler, plastic card and epoxy putty.

The front seats had a sheet of wood underneath them.. I added this to the area and scratched my own battery box which I believe is suppose to be part of the actual vehicle. You can see the edge of it in the Maquette walk around of the 7/1 photo above. The kit parts are 2 exposed batteries. Don't think they would leave these open to the elements. Can you imagine a crew accidentally stepping on them in the pouring rain?

And the seats attached and the cab attached to the vehicle. I still have to add the hinges on the driver left side and middle of the seat.

Monday, September 12, 2016

Trumpeter Sd.Kfz. 7/1 (early) with Flakvierling

Work continues on the Trumpeter kit.

I completed the firewall, exhausts and flak mount then primed and painted everything as well as putting a metal coat on the exhaust system. I then weathered it with Mig Pigments and AK interactive dark streaking grime and dark wash.

Friday, September 2, 2016

Miniart SU-85

I received this kit last week and man is this one is a beast. I had it on pre-order at Hobbylink Japan and got it for a respectable price. The reviews of this kit have been very positive thus far. I am really looking forward to building this one in the future.

As you can see Miniart has dispensed with the formality of packaging individual sprues.Just throw them all into one big bag. Not very refined I must say but hopefully the parts are not scratched to all rat shit.